Important Information About Prostate Treatment With Flomax Medication
April 2, 2010 by Prostate Dr.
Flomax is a prescription medicine that has been approved and licensed by the FDA for the treatment of enlarged prostates. The medical terms for an enlarged prostate include benign prostatic hyperplasia, benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH. Flomax is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
How It Works
This medication works like the common alpha blockers, it blocks the alpha-1 receptors. These receptors can be found throughout the body including the prostate. When alpha-1 receptors are blocked it allows the muscles to relax in the prostate and the bladder neck. Flomax is different from other prostate medications since it doesn’t actively shrink the prostate as some other drugs do. However, the symptoms are quickly relieved with it when the muscles relax. This means that Flomax provides relief for the symptoms, but it isn’t a cure for the condition.
This drug is taken by mouth as a capsule every day at least thirty minutes after a meal. You should take the whole capsule and never open, chew or crush the capsules. You should take the capsules at the same time each day so that you have an even level of the drug in your blood. You should always take Flomax, as prescribed since this helps it to work properly. If you stop taking it, prostate enlargement will return and you will not longer receive the benefits.
There are possible side effects with this drug as there is with all prescription medications. Although side effects won’t be experienced by every individual taking. Rather the opposite is true, many people tolerate this drug very well. Most side effects that occur are minor and either have no necessary treatment or can easily be treated by your healthcare provider. The most common side effects of this drug include abnormal ejaculation, runny or stuffy nose, dizziness and infections including the cold or flu. There are a number of drugs that can interact with Flomax so you should tell your doctor of any medicines you are taking and they will make sure no interaction will occur.
Before you start taking Flomax there are several things you should tell your health care provider. If you have any allergies including foods, dyes, preservatives or sulfa then you should tell your doctor. If you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant or breastfeeding then you should also talk with your doctor before taking this drug. When telling your doctor about any medicines you are taking you should be sure to include both prescription and non-prescription medicines as well as vitamins and herbal supplements.
For more information from Brian Welsch about Flomax check www.buyflomax.com
Important Information About Prostate Treatment With Flomax Medication related articles:
- Enlarged Prostate/BPH? Treatment Options Review: An enlarged prostate gland is one of the more common effects of aging in men, but the sad fact is that very few people seem to want to talk about it. The numbers, however, are striking, and they confirm the importance of communication about this health risk! About one in every four men over the
- Prostate Treatments for Various Disorders: Prostate treatments for common disorders in the prostate gland are varied and numerous. Disorders in the prostate gland are easier to control and treat than other diseases, thanks mainly to the scientific community’s numerous researches regarding the subject. Several options are available to men who suffer from these disorders, ranging from monitoring tactics to surgical
- Which Prostate Treatments Are Most Effective?: All men above the age of 60 are candidates for prostate disorders. Prostatitis, or enlargement of the prostate, is just one of them; affliction may be acute (sudden development of enlargement of the prostate, caused by bacterial infection and transmitted through unprotected sexual activities with an infected mate) or chronic (gradual development of the enlargement
- Prostate Miracle is a Natural, Highly Effective Treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatitis – 1 bottle: Prostate Miracle is 3,000 times more powerful than saw palmetto. Prostate Miracle is a Natural, Highly Effective Treatment for BPH Prostate Miracle is formulated using US produced beta-sitosterol (extracted from soy). NO SIDE EFFECTS Prostate Miracle is a better treatment for an enlarged prostate than Saw Palmetto. Product DescriptionProstate Miracle is a Natural, Highly Effective Treatment for BPHProstate Miracle is
- Alternative Prostate Treatment–All About It: What is alternative prostate treatment? Any treatment other than surgery, radiation and chemotherapy is considered alternative prostate treatment - dietary supplements- water treatment- ultrasound- cryotherapy (use of extremely low temperature to kill cancer cells)- microwave or heat therapy- specialized diet (restricting red meat and fat)- raw food diet- mega doses of vitamins- herbs- teas- acupuncture- massage- meditation-