Acute prostatitis symptoms
June 24, 2011 by Prostate Dr.
There are many possible causes for prostatitis and quite often these different causes trigger different symptoms. However, chronic/acute prostatitis symptoms cannot be easily differentiated for they are often similar with respect to the symptoms of other non-urological or urological diseases.
Generally the symptoms of prostatitis includes:
- urinary frequency
- frequent urination during night time
- problems in urinating
- burning or painful urination
- experiencing low-back pain and perineal
- muscle or joint pain
- tender or swollen prostate
- blood in the urine (called hematuria)
- painful ejaculation.
Howevere there have been identified some prominent symptoms in the different types of prostatitis.
First, people having Acute Bacterial Prostatitis often suffer from chills, fever, lower back pain and genital area pains, body aches, burning urination or painful urination, and the frequent and urgent need to urinate especially at night.
Symptoms experienced by those having Chronic bacterial Prostatitis consist of low discomfort in the perineum (the area between the anus and the genitalia), back pain, testicular pain and, if the infection of the prostate expands to the bladder, burning urination (dysuria) or mild pain, and frequent and urgent need to urinate, blood in the semen (hematospermia), low fever and painful ejaculation.
Patients are considered to have Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain if the symptoms last for at least three months. Symptoms may also vary since for some men. Symptoms of prostatitis sometimes improve over time without treatment, howevere it is always recommended to check with your doctor in order to define exactly the type of illness (whether prostatitis or not) and the steps involved in the treatment.
Patients suffering from Asymptomatic Inflammatory Prostatitis do not feel any symptoms (therefore, "asymptomatic"). Only by chance is the inflammation of the prostate gland discovered during tests for other conditions.
Acute prostatitis symptoms related articles:
- Acute Prostatitis Symptoms: Acute Prostatitis may occur in conjunction with epididymitis or orchitis, especially if caused by an Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Acute prostatitis treatments:
- Acute prostatitis: Acute prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland that develops suddenly. All causes of pelvic congestion could also favor the development of acute prostatitis symptoms…
- Acute Prostatitis Staging: